According to Garage48 co-founder Priit Salumaa the previous Garage48 events in Riga have proved to be the most fun events ever. The energy, enthusiasm and skills are just the ones needed to build products that would make people happy all around the world. Moreover, Riga hosts a bunch of notable gaming startups and startups that attempt to gamify the uttermost serious services to make them user friendly. All of this makes a great ground to launch more and more of great gaming & gamified products! Continue reading to find out some more great reasons: The Experience, The Mentors & The Prizes
All of this makes a great grounding to launch more and more of great gaming & gamified products!
Garage48 events are all about experience, to give you opportunity to meet new people, exchange ideas, build together, learn new stuff. It is a great place to test your idea, by seeing if you can pitch it good enough to get a team and then build a prototype to test it with potential users. Its an equally great place to gain experience, learn new technologies by doing and of course have some fun!
A bunch of notable gaming companies are operating from Riga, including Innowate, Amber Games and more. Some Riga-based startups attempt to gamify the uttermost serious services to make them user-friendly; for example, BranchTrack is turning customer engagement training into a virtual role-play.
We expect about 100 people with a full commitment to participate the challenging 48 hour weekend program building new web and mobile applications. We are looking for various skill-sets and roles:
- Graphic Designers - mavericks creating visual identity and user interfaces; some of them can do front-end as well, but it's not must.
- Back-End/ Mobile Developers - planning technical architecture, writing functional code and testing the outcome, some can built apps for mobile platforms.
- Web/ Frond-End Developers - HTML/CSS/AJAX/JS wizards making the design work smoothly in all web browsers.
- Marketers - evangelists and sales wizards making the products fly and reach the audience.
- Visionary / Project Manager - people with ability to start new business ideas, run teams and deliver; have good understanding about "the big picture".
- Ticket: 20 EUR - covers all food, snacks and drinks during the event!
NB! Before you choose a role, insert Promotion Code "LessThan23" below the registration form.
- Free entry for audience at Sunday Demo Night, 7th of December at 5:30pm.
We are expecting people from neighboring countries (Estonia, Lithuania, Finland etc).
- There is a possibility to overnight at SSERiga - bring your own sleeping bag and a thin mattress.
- If bed is your preference, then there's a nice hostel close by: http://www.dome-hostel.com and http://www.rigahostel.com.lv
- If you want to have a room in a hotel - then 3 min walk: http://www.alberthotel.lv