The Garage48 Hardware & Arts Riga hackathon is now happening at the RTU Design Factory building in Riga. 14 full teams are working on various projects ranging from a chess clock to a tool that can make you a charcoal drawing. All the ideas are equally intriguing, so check out the innovative physical prototypes that are currently in the works.
1. ThunderBox - Make thunder simulation in box
Team members: Ervīns Gribuška - mechanical engineer, Erick Pastor - Design, Leonīds Sošinskis - Mobile developer, Jēkabs Krūziņš - Electric engineer, Giorgi Sharia - Mobile developer, Nathan Danzmann de Freitas - Mobile developer, Basanta Lamichhane - Marketer
2. LimeLight - An automated scenography model which can be used for stop motion animation and for fun.
Team members: Rahul Puniani - Designer/Marketer, Marianna Lapina - Project Leader/Artist, Edgars Grava - Engineer, Cem Turkmen - Engineer/Programmer
3. Fading World - An interactive tool that converts anything you say into a unique charcoal drawing.
Team members: Toms Burāns - Designer, Vilja Nigu - Marketer, Aidas Janulis - Electronics Engineer, Rihards Skrubis - Mechanics Engineer, Konstantin Tretyakov - Developer,
Antonina Vracinska - Developer
4. They Are Watching Us - An art installation consisting of stands with human heads on them. Every head has a different personality and voice. They can rotate and interact with you in a creepy way.
Team members: Luka Tsulaia - Engineer, Felicita Gaga - Product Designer, Sherif elSherif - Electronics Engineer, Paula Megija Kārkliņa - Product Designer, Jaan Tohver - Software Developer, Kaspar Kalniss - Mechanical Engineer, Kristaps Rats - Software Engineer, Andrejs Rinkevičs - Software Engineer, Justin Zavadsky - Product Designer, Mariia Markovska - Marketer/Researcher, Roberts Darģis - Server Engineer
5. Brillo - Affordable e-reading device for people with visual impairment, integrated with Braille alphabet.
Team members: Vache Kakhoidze - Marketer Estonia, Nikoloz Kalandarishvili - Electronic Engineer, Andro Gvivradze - Web Developer, Kakha Kudava - Mechanics Engineer, Giorgi Goginashvili - Mechanics Engineer, Luka Chitisvhili - Web Developer
6. Pick-a-ball - Autonomous tennis ball picker robot.
Team members: Martins Eglitis - Server Programmer, Ansis Jansons - Marketing and Sales, Sandra Ruduka - Product Designer, Klavs Buss - UI/UX Designer, Glorija Baliniskite - Electronics Engineer, Girts Cinkus - Mechanics Engineer, Guntis Laurins - Electronics Engineer, Maris Becs - Electronics Engineer
7. MovieKnight - Join us and watch your favourite movies and tv shows with your friends from around the globe.
Team members: Sarah Rosenthal - UI/UX Designer, Xuan Le Nguyen - Marketer and Researcher, Richard Roziņš - Marketer and Researcher, Ronalds Sovas - Developer, Paul Hostev - Developer
8. VibroSense - To translate visual inputs into vibrational motions to gain extra sense.
Team members: Danielius Visockas - Marketeer (Lead), Rapolas Norvaiša - Electronics Engineer, Artūras Jonkus - Electronics Engineer, Simonas Gildutis - App developer, Lukas Kairevičius - Server programmer
9. The Fidget Spinner Roulette - Once you start spinning, you can never stop.
Team members: Marija Luīze Meļķe - visionary, Lauma Muižarāja - product designer, Reinis Lodziņš - junior fidgetter, Arsenijs Picugins - magician, Dietrich Nexus - mechanical engineer, Vladimirs Kolovs - mechanical engineer, Dobrina Lazarev - electronics engineer
10. GAGA - Gaga is a personal assistant and a companion in one device. Smart, mobile and personal, you can ask it to manage your smart home, your schedule or your play time.
Team members: Helen Kokk - Team lead & UX designer, Kristaps Straumens - Software engineering, Andro Lominadze - Electronics Engineering, Giorgi Sheklashvili - Android Developer, Efren Bernardino - Mechanics Engineer, Diana Ivonne Munoz - Electronics Engineer, Khaled Elfakharany - Software developer, Jekaterina Kuznecova - Marketing & Sales, Renata Johanson - Product Designer, Kristine Laurits - Product Designer, Juris Klava - Mechanical Engineer & Product designer, Einars Deksnis - Electrical Engineer, Ahmed Ahmed - Electrical Engineer
11. Mully Care - Learning to Care: a friendly robot that gather information of your child about; gestures, vital signs and regular behaviour; Providing video and photo updates in order to predict and prevent moods or health patterns.
Team members: Farmon Akmalov - Project Manager, Tigran Ghukasyan - Designer, Sergio Contreras - Marketer, Nagarjuna Kandarapu - Mechatronics Engineer, Bitchiko Kodua - Developer
12. Chessmaster 3000 - Chess clock platform, which replace regular/tradicional chess complect and helps develop your chess game.
Team members: Raitis Grandovskis - UI/UX designer, Jānis Vītols - electronic engineer, Gustavs Šķērstiņš - product designer
13. Grillmallow - Electric grill for marshmallows.
Team members: Karlis Gulbis - Mechanics engineer, Reinis Lūsis - Team lead, Toms Skujiņš - Marketing and Research, Mikus Upmalis - Hardware engineer
14. WilyCAR - Device that detects presence of parking enforcement officers and automatically pays for parking (sms, webservice...).
Team members: Rūdolfs Bundulis - Server programmer, Sergejs Kosigins - Server programmer, Kārlis Auziņš - Marketing and Research, Reinis Lūsis - Team lead