Garage48 has partnered up with SEB to investigate open banking - new kid on the block, the subject that has made banking interesting to many and will surely gather much more attention in the near future.
Garage48 Baltic Open Banking hackathon will take place in the SEB Innovation Center in Tallinn on the 16th to 18th of February 2018 and is meant for corporates and fintech enthusiasts from Estonia, Latvia and beyond.
The main goal of the Garage48 Baltic Open Banking hackathon is to create next generation financial services. Best teams will get a chance to develop their ideas and prototypes further into real solutions in cooperation with SEB.
Open API could be named as the major turning point in banking after internet- and mobile banking. Banks will start to provide API’s to connect directly to your account, credit card or any other service. This makes it possible to build new solutions that have not been possible until now. Teach Siri to tell you your balance, aggregate data across several banks, automate invoice processing, build a chatbot for banking or connect data from several disciplines in order to create concepts newer seen in the world before.
Garage48 together with SEB has the reason to believe that open banking will be the new standard and that the real potential of it has yet to be discovered. We are therefore inviting all the techies, creatives, marketers, data enthusiasts, designers and geeks with a vision to come together and challenge fintech as we know it today and remake banking for the digital age!
We encourage you to come to the event with your own idea but take also a look to the challenges SEB has provide :
- As a user, I want to ask Siri about the state of my finances so that I do not need to stop driving.
- As a small company manager, I want to automate my tax declarations so that I do not need to spend time on it.
- As a service provider, I want to send electronic invoice directly to customers internet bank and mobile app so that it is easy to pay by the customer
- As a service provider, I want I want to deliver e-reciepts to my customers electronically so that they can store and process them easily
- As a user, I want a solution to keep track of my monthly invoices, that are sitting in my mailbox so that I do not need to remember have I paid the invoice or not
- As a user, I want easily pay my invoices from e-mails I've received them so that I don't need to copypaste data from PDF invoices (and track payments)
- As a user, I want to analyse my expenses across different banks so that I do not need to log in to several different banks.
- As a user, I want to use my verified customer data to prove my identy across different service providers so that I do not need to type in my personal data every time, when I open new account or service somewhere.
- As a parent, I want to have simple and fun app for my kids so that they can manage their pocket money safely and do not need cash
- As a car seller, I want to provide instant quote for leasing to my customers so that I can offer right car and close deal quikly
SEB has created a Developer Portal with a set of example API-s for co-creating new services to clients in Baltics.https://www.seb.lv/eng/open-banking
SEB is also open to create new API-s depending on your proposed business models. Therefore please join the event on FB and post your thoughts on the wall!
Register to the event here
Join the event on Facebook
Register to the pre-events in Tallinn and Riga
The pre-event is meant for the participants of Garage48 hackathon to get to know each other, mix & mingle, share their ideas and get a better understanding of what will follow in the hackathon weekend.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Garage48 on Twitter HERE.