Empowering the Startup Community Workshop is a 2-day long workshop dedicated to
creating new connections and strengthening the old ones between the startup ecosystem support organizations in East Africa.
We will handpick the representatives from the key players in the startup ecosystem support community, bring everyone together into one spot and ran series of brainstorming sessions, that will contribute to a stronger, smarter and more connected startup ecosystem. The sessions will be led by the professional moderators from Garage48.
Goals of the workshop
- to bring together different types of organizations /programs /companies who play a role in the local startup/entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- network- getting to know each other better and understanding each other’s strengths.
- positioning the organizations into different categories in the startup ecosystem support network. Mapping out all the other organizations as well (who do not participate in the workshop) who play a vital role in the startup-support-ecosystem!
- to map out the most standard problems that the early-stage startups /companies stumble upon in the West-African region
- to map out the key funding opportunities for the startups (public and private sources)
When and where?
25-26 May, Kampala Uganda
Who is invited?
Representatives from up to 35 key organizations, who are helping the startup ecosystem to grow and flourish!
PS! There is a possibility to travel and attend the workshop in person (all costs covered for the selected participants)
Applications are open until 15/05/2022!
The program is supported by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Development Cooperation Fund and carried out by Garage48 and Innovation Village.
25th of May
8:30 People arriving and checking in
9:00 Coffee and light breakfast
9:20 Introduction to the workshop and workshop organizers
9:45 Workshop #1. Startup Lifecycle. Mapping out the startup ecosystem.
11:25 Workshop #2. Problems of the startups in the region
13:30 Presenting the problems
14:00 Workshop #3 Solutions of the startups in the region
15:15 Presenting the approaches
15:45 Discussion. Startup Act as a solution
16:30 End of the Day
19:30 Networking dinner
26th of May
8:30 People gathering, coffee
9:00 Quick introduction to the day
9:05 Workshop #4. Problems and solutions of the startup ecosystem
10:35 Presenting the solutions
12:05 Workshop #5. Action and next steps
13:05 Presentation of roadmaps for the best solutions for supporting the startup ecosystem
14:20 Certificate Ceremony and Departure
9:30 Coffee and light breakfast
10:00 Workshop #3. Solutions for the startups
12:05 Workshop #4. Problems and solutions of the startup support ecosystem
14:35 Presenting the solutions
14:55 Workshop #5 Action and next steps.
Creating the roadmap for the best solutions supporting the startup ecosystem.
16:15 Presenting the roadmaps
16:45 Certificate ceremony and goodbyes