To celebrate the 5th anniversary of Garage48's take on space data, we invite you to join us for the official Copernicus #Oceanhack pre-event. This is your chance to validate your idea and get the teams together for the actual hackathon. Do not miss the chance to work in the Garage48 proven prototyping format with the support of international mentors.
This is not your typical and boring “only talk, no action” pre-event.
Our aim for this pre-event is to:
Validate your ideas for the Copernicus #Oceanhack
Mix and mingle with other participants and form teams for the Copernicus #Oceanhack
Get you familiar with the data sets
Teach you on how to use the marine data
Inspire and make you acquainted with the existing solution and apps
This will be a very hands-on pre-event and your chance to present your idea to mentors and fellow teammates and get your team together before the actual hackathon!
You won't be putting your hands on actual prototyping yet, but together with inspirational speakers, mentors and group work sessions we will guide you through problem mapping, ideation, idea pitches and team formation, so that you can move forward to the Copernicus #Oceanhack for actual prototyping.
OceanHack is for ready made teams with ideas! This means, there will be no idea pitching and team formation at the actual hackathon. If you don’t have a team with an idea, then this pre-event IS THE PLACE TO BE to work with the marine data and create solutions to problems that currently affect the Baltic Sea.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Web/app developers, field experts, UX/UI designers, data scientists, visionaries/space enthusiasts and marketeers/business developers/project managers
- INDIVIDUALS, who want to find a team and an idea
- INDIVIDUALS, who have an idea and want to get a team around the idea
- TEAMS, who want to find an idea
- TEAMS, who want to polish their idea during the pre-event
- TEAMS, who want to find additional team members
IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED
- Education apps that bring the oceans to life
- Water quality – new intelligence on algal blooms
- Traffic and navigation – improve ship routing or monitor pollution e.g. oil or ballast waste?
- Green energy – use Earth observation data to find wave or wind energy hot spots.
- Research: data visualisations, new ways of combining different types of data, new data analysis models
- Warnings – develop new ways of communicating weather warnings to ocean users?
- Baltic Sea fish stocks – track fish hotspots or fishing activity?
- Marine productivity assessment - near fish farms
- Sea ice – new ways of keeping an eye on the formation and extent of sea ice
- Flood mapping
- Identify plastic pollution hotspots
- Internet of Things (IOT) and combinations of ground sensors to networks
The pre-event is free to attend, but we do need you to register. Please do it here:
Doors open at 9.00 for registration and morning coffee. We start off at 9:30 and will end the day by 5PM. We will fuel you with snacks, coffee, refreshments and a hearty lunch.
In case you have any questions, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.