A bunch of notable gaming companies are operating from Riga, including Innowate, Amber Games and more. Some Riga-based startups attempt to gamify the uttermost serious services to make them user-friendly; for example, BranchTrack is turning customer engagement training into a virtual role-play.
All of this makes a great grounding to launch more and more of great gaming & gamified products!
Here are some more reasons:
Garage48 events are all about experience, to give you opportunity to meet new people, exchange ideas, build together, learn new stuff. It is a great place to test your idea, by seeing if you can pitch it good enough to get a team and then build a prototype to test it with potential users. Its an equally great place to gain experience, learn new technologies by doing and of course have some fun!
This year's Garage48 Riga event will feature an impressive list of mentors. Christopher Hamilton game producer at Rovio, Ingus Rukis CTO at mapon.com with a vast experience in social media, gaming & hackathons and Martin Gruner co-founder of Aplefly Games and a hacker with 20+ Garage48 event experience will help you in building an uttermost gaming experience. Dmitry Burbo and Andrey Ivashin, partners at RubyLight Venture Company, will share their know-how on building scalable products & growth hacking. Aiga Skubina, Art Director at RubyLight, will help you in creating an exciting user-interface and design. Aigars Macins, Technical Evangelist at Microsoft Baltics, will help you to build & launch your products and services on Microsoft platforms.
We will have blasting prizes with
- 6(!) Lumia 1520 phones from our seasonal partner Microsoft for the best team building for Windows Phone or Windows8 apps or using Azure for backend!
- Rubylight venture company will award 500€ for the best developer
- draugiem.lv will surprise with a special prize and 3000€ worth advertising opportunities
- Voog will give vouchers for 1 and 6 month premium subscription for its web-site builder platform
- Every team will get some inspiration from StartupVitamins
- Every participant will get a free ride from Taxify app
Well what are you waiting for?
You have just 3 days left to joint the event! Sign up here!