NB! The registration is finished
The Student Startup Camp (SSC) is happening in Tartu! Together with the University of Tartu IdeaLab and Institute of Computer Science, we are bringing you the annual entrepreneurship bootcamp designed to build your idea into a working prototype and to learn the basics of launching a tech startup. You will be guided through the most important steps by active startup entrepreneurs and trainers who collaborate to create a hands-on learning experience.
The 5-day course consists of teamwork, intensive mentoring, hands-on talks on specific topics around launching a tech startup, visits to the startup and tech centres in Tartu and inspirational talks by the #EstonianMafia founders, including people behind Garage48, Fortumo and many more.
The bootcamp is aimed at students from Estonia and elsewhere with a background in IT, engineering, design, marketing, and business. The camp also welcomes participants from other disciplines, especially those who bring along with them novel ideas and an entrepreneurial can-do attitude. Every participant will be able to pitch an idea for the camp and/or join an idea one likes the most.
Students enrolled in Estonian higher-education institutions may obtain 3 ECTS for successful participation in the camp. Please tick the "3 ECTS" box in the registration form if you wish to obtain credit points.
Students from all universities are eligible. Please register before 25th of January:
Paabel building (Ülikooli 17)
Check the agenda tab
Also join the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2538456212836275/
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB! Join the Slack group: https://join.slack.com/t/studentstartu-onw1517/shared_invite/enQtNTQxNzAyMTA1MzI4LWQ5MmVlNWRiZjY1ODdmZWNiOGUxMzBlZjFkNTRiZDA4YWIzM2I1NTE2ZjhkNWM0YmU0Y2FmN2RmMDc3NzA1MTg
The most important thing is to bring a positive attitude, an open mind and lots of energy! But here's a few more important things to consider:
1. *IDEA* The important thing before the event is to come up with an IDEA. Take the opportunity (on your own or with a team) to think about problems that could be solved with technology. Think about everyday problems in your school / professional / personal life…
- Repeating activities
- Tasks which require a lot of manual work
- Processes which are way too slow
- Processes which are way too expensive
How could you solve these with technology?
2. *PITCHING* If you have an idea to pitch, please prepare a 90-second-pitch, you can also prepare 1 SLIDE to support your pitch.
Make sure you consider the following points:
- Describe b r i e f l y your background
- What is the name of the idea?
- What is the problem you are solving? What is the idea about?
- Target user, technical solution, revenue model etc
- What do you want to build/achieve as the prototype?
- Who do you need in your team to win this event?
After pitching is over, all participants choose their favourite idea and teams are formed. Do not feel bad if your idea doesn’t get picked, just join someone else’s team and use the experience later to build your own thing.
3. *AGENDA & MENTORS* It will be an intensive week mostly focused on independent team work. Every day starts with a checkpoint at 11am - if you want your credit points you have to be there ;). Then a few presenters will set the theme of the day with short lectures. After that it is all you - share roles in the team, create an action plan and get to work.
A team of mentors will be there to guide you - the official mentoring round starts at 14.30 where the mentor team will visit each team. The evening checkpoint at 16.00 is mandatory for all team leads to present the progress of the team.
Check the full agenda and list of mentors on the website. Be open, ask for their advice and contacts but also be ready for some tough love :)
4. *WHAT TO BRING* Bring everything you need for rapid development:
PS We don't provide any food at the event, please make sure that you bring your own brain food.
- mobile phone, test devices
- camera/equipment for marketing content
- all chargers
- extension cord
- business cards (if you have any, you'll meet people you want to contact later!)
PPS We will open a participant Slack group later for easier communication.