Idea Garage48: Path to Development 2.0 is a full-day event that encourages everyone to propose solutions and test ideas with the help of mentors from various backgrounds.
The aim is to understand the opportunities digitalisation offers, to tackle the challenges it embeds and to bring technological process to the global development.
The workshop is intended for everybody who has curiosity and wants to contribute to the future of global development and isn’t afraid to tackle the subject, no matter your background. Civil servants, social sphere specialists, experts, students, practitioners, scientists, entrepreneurs, visionaries as well as developers, engineers, project managers, marketeers are all welcome.
Our amazing policy makers, civil servants, social sphere, environmental and technical mentors are there to help your ideas develop and get ready to fly.
Every participant can bring their own problem and the team of tech & dev people will work on it. Let’s dream and discuss solutions in following relevant areas:
- Sustainable Development Goals: connecting Estonia with rest of the globe. Advancing sustainability at home = advancing sustainability abroad
- Sustainable local authorities. Cities and communities are the key!
- Global citizenship education. Awareness raising. Knowledge is the power
- Education is a way out from poverty, hunger and inequality
- Migration as a tool for development
- Competitive capital: entrepreneurship
- Global inequality. How can tech help?
- Women are the future
- Smarter actions for climate
- Systemic change. Sustainability, efficiency, review and impact within and by civil society organizations. How to be better and how to do better
Every group will prepare a presentation and a small pitch to introduce the outcomes of the work to all participants. The best ideas presented will receive special and amazing awards from the jury.
In order to get your seat to the Idea Garage48 event register here! EVENT IS FREE TO JOIN
This event is organized in co-operation with Estonian Roundtable for Development Cooperation